I got awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Treskie and Mime! Thank you girls!! This will be so much fun!
1. You must post eleven random facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers.
4. Notify them that you've awarded them.
5. No tagging back.
6. The eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.
Ok, so, 11 random facts about me:
1. I have an insatiable curiosity to know everything. Which I know will never happen, but hey, it's worth a shot.
2. People can't scare me. No matter how hard they try, jumping out of dark shadows, jerking random objects in my face, shouting from behind... nah, it won't happen. I've grown up with 4 younger siblings.
3. I. HATE . SEAFOOD. That is all.
4. My favorite color has been purple as long as I can remember. But not just...purple. My FAVORITE color of purple is a light lilac or lavender. And my second favorite color of purple is a really deep royal purple.
5. I really like to dress up.
6. I don't like nondescript sentences.
7. TERROR FROM THE SKIES, you've all been tricked. I am an alien. No, really. Because I am a Canadian citizen living in USA, by default, I am an alien. My Daddy's got a piece of paper, all official and all, that says..... Resident Alien. Be warned. This is not a joke.
8. My imagination doesn't listen to me and jumps into more trouble than its supposed to, especially when I'm trying to be good.
9. One of the only things that irritates me is irritated people. Other than that, I'm good. (Well, not really good. Actually, I'm quite bad. But you guys don't want to know about that, so really...)
10. When I was a child, I was a devil. I plotted conspiracies and carried them out in full force while my unsuspecting mother was in the shower.
11. This is the last random fact.
Here are the 11 questions by Mime.
1. If the floor randomly gave way beneath you, would you scream?
As I said before, I don't really get scared by many things. I would probably have this odd question lingering in my mind as I fell about where I was going and if it would take me to Wonderland. (I really wish it would...)
2. Why are people obsessed with randomness?
Because random is random and randomly awesome and nobody ever said random was strange so random is why random is liked.
3. Are you an arty person, or academic?
Hmmmm.... both? Really, I prefer artsy, but according to my finished GPA....I'm academic too. :P
4. If your friends jumped off a cliff, would your first instinct be "Hey, look! That's my friend!" Or "Hey, look! That's my friend!" (You can differentiate for yourself.)
"Hey, look!" Screaming, pointing wildly and waving my arms to all bystanders who might care to pay attention. "That's my friend!" And I'm so excited, I want to join her, and she is awesome. (I should clarify, I picture the sea at the bottom of this cliff... so, yeah, jumping would just be pure bliss.)
4. Would you prefer to be short of tall?
SHORT!!! Oh, wait, I kinda already am!!
I'm not a midget, don't get me wrong, but on the taller side of things, all of my friends are taller than me. And I don't mind! As far as short goes, I think it would be fun to be a halfling, don't you!! (Actually, I really am. My mother's maiden name was Ling... So, that makes me a half Ling. :D I'm just a little happy about that.)
5. Have you ever experienced hail?
YES! More in Oregon than here in Missouri. We had hail quite often there. If it was tiny, we'd go outside and play in it as little kids. It was fun pretending it was diamonds falling from the sky.
6. What is the strangest thing you've ever done? (Includes instances of fighting a horse with a frying pan.)
What makes one thing stranger than another? Because in my life...
Never mind, next question.
7. Do fish have feelings?
You bet. I used to own a tank of them, and if I didn't feed them... they gave me "the look". (Which was turn, face the room, wiggle their tails back and forth, and blink big huge eyes at me that said, "Feed me.")
8. When was the last time you surprised someone?
Yesterday. I got Brisa coming out of the wash room. Oh ho, she is fun to scare!!!!
9. What was the last good book you read?
Eragon. Technically, I'm still in the middle of it, but you know, that counts.
10. If someone gave you a million dollars, what would you spend it on first? (Be honest.)
Practical me or crazy me? Practical me or crazy me?
Practical me would pay off my braces and business. Flat and done. Crazy me would go travel the world.
11. If the internet had a global breakdown, how severe would your mental breakdown be?
No. Because my bookshelf is still full of books and the world didn't end and I can still write with a pencil.
Here are the 11 questions by Treskie.
1.) Who's you're favorite musician and why? (Does not include singers this time.)
Pick one? Can't do it. But I like almost any composer of really good soundtracks.
2.) Do you think the Beatles overrated?
I guess. Never really heard any of their songs.
3.) Did you ever want to be a Ginger?
Nope. I like my hair. It's curlifically awesome.
4.) QUICK! PICK A NUMBER BETWEEN ONE AND TEN! Now, why did you chose that
one? Why!? WHY?!?
one? Why!? WHY?!?
7. Because I always do. And it always works for me. Don't ask me why.
5.) How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A lot. Because, thinking of the speed and twistiness of that saying, this would be a speed-eater-wood-chucking-woodchuck. So, a lot.
6.) Who started the American Navy?
Let me get out my history notes.... Continental Congress. So there.
7.) What's your favorite music genre?
Brisa calls it mournful. I call it peaceful. Anything in a minor key. Period.
8.) Have you ever played baseball? (even in the backyard with friends works.)
I've played it on a team. I think I was 11... and it was just a team of friends... but still, we played.
9.) What are your top five favorite books? (because I know that I can never chose just one)
Mara, Daughter of the Nile.
Courage is Not Given.
Beric the Briton, 'cause it inspired me to start my trilogy.
The Bronze Bow.
10.) What is your favorite accent?
Don't shoot me. I don't have one. Unlike most Americans, I'm not too super obsessed with accents. Maybe its cause I have a bit of one myself. Or maybe its cause...I have no idea why. But that's the fact and the true blue truth.
11.) Do you know the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything?
Most certainly do. Most certainly do.
And now for my 11 questions.
1. Do you like to wear shoes?
2. Hot or cold?
3. What is your favorite place to be and why?
4. If you had to live in another world, which one would you choose?
5. How do you decorate your room? With sprigs of lavender? Posters of movie stars (I sincerely hope not)? Photos of you and your family?
6. It's a fun, fun life. What is one of the most enjoyable things you get to do with your week?
7. Truly speaking, are you a sarcastic person or a realistic person?
8. Singing in the rain or dancing under the stars?
9. What is your favorite fruit?
10. Rich OR famous?
11. Where do you draw the line?
Ok. And we are done!!
Oh, wait, not quite. I have one more blog award to fulfill.
This one is more simple. It is the Very Inspiring Award (isn't it pretty!!). The rules are as follows.
2. Place the award on your site
3. Share 7 random things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 blogs. Let them know they’ve been nominated and how to accept the award.
So, without further ado, thank you Miss Charley from The Leaning Tower of Plot!!!
Oh dear, another 7 random facts. Deep breath. Now the plunge...
Here we go.
1. I want to know who started blog awards and why.
2. I've always dreamed of waking up in a different world.
3. I really, really, really like mint ice tea. It talks to my soul.
4. I'd take too hot over too cold ANY DAY OF THE YEAR. Brrrrrrrr.
5. I am really, super sportsy and most girls think I'm crazy. I'd rather go play soccer or volley ball than talk about cloths and hair. (Just ask my dear friends.)
6. Writing is SOOOOOO much fun. Oh, wait, that's not a random fact... Well, phewey. How about...if I don't write a few thousand words a day, its been a BAD day.
7. It's my last fact!!! It's my last fact!!! :( Pinterest is one of my favorite places to go for inspiration. I did a post about it here.
Done, ditty, done!
There now, my mind is refreshed, and alive, and hyped to get to work for this fabulous day!!!
Here are some pictures to make you smile.
And now, since almost ALL of my friends were already tagged for one or the other of these awards, I am going to do what Charley did and tag ALL of my followers. Feel free to do it again and answer my questions (please do?). And if you have not been tagged for them before, then TAG, you're it. Cause now you are. Have fun!!!
Good day, my darlings!