Sunday, June 10, 2012

Changing the World


Perhaps that is an intimidating title. Yet it is something I have been praying about for a long time. I don't know what my life is going to bring, but one thing I know is somehow, for God, I intend to change this world. It is a daunting task. But it is worth it. I don't know very many other 18 year olds who have heard God calling them to that. But I am ready for whatever He has in store for me. God has a great sense of humor. I don't know what happened or how this jumped into my mind, but somehow, I know He has put it here for a reason. Now I just have to wait and see what He has planned. I can't wait.

Last Friday we went bowling again. Twas fantabulous. Except, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I was not quite myself. It was really strange. I just didn't feel as bubbly as usual. And I forgot to grab our camera...again. Some of the others had their camera's, but I don't have any pics from them. Except one...

I'm not exactly sure how it started, but all of us kids there who had facebooks decided to take crazy pics with NN's hippie headband which I bought her earlier that day (we went on a sister date!!!) and we are going to post them on FB as our profile pics! I am determined to get over my fear of cameras. Its like jumping off the diving board. You just got to throw yourself into it, take the leap, soar over the water, and feel the freedom wash over you when you slither into the water. I hate having my picture taken. If you would notice, most pictures anyone takes in a group, I will not be found in. :P

This morning I found a possum in the chick coup. It was rather devastating. Only four chicks escaped. Daddy and I killed him with a ninja sword. Seriously. And he was U-G-L-Y.

Last night we went to some friend's house and had a blast!!!! We played volleyball (speed), ultimate frisbee (not my fav, but its good), and badminton. I didn't do too good because I have a fractured toe (officially figured out what is wrong with it...). After that we went down to a creek bed, had a campfire, prayed and sang songs. It was heavenly.

Now I am trying to finish up a couple of books on my reading list, edit another chapter of my book for Daddy to check over, and finish a drawing.






Aren't the glory's of God amazing. How He must enjoy painting pictures like this one. His magnificence is beyond words.


3 comments:

  1. Hay! Awesome blog!! Love the title too. Sounds so strong and authorly. :) And you write too? SO cool. AND play piano...AND share half of my name. Wow. Do you take all the pictures? Because they're amazing. :D

    ~cait~
    from notebooksisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! LOVE to write. It's my life. Words are one of my favorite things in the world. I am in the middle of editing a GIGANTIC novel... :P
      Some of the pics are mine, some are from my family, and some gathered from friends and other sources. I love photography too! Its so cool! I used to have an awesome camera but it died a while back... :( A bunch of the photos I just edited on Picmonkey were taken by it. :D

      Delete
  2. Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from more than one angle. couple looking for unicorn

    ReplyDelete

I'm sincerely wondering if you are going to comment. Given you just read that blog post (or maybe skim read, at best, or maybe you've just skipped to the bottom). But, either way, whether you read it or not, NOW you have no doubt that I am crazy, are wondering if I am worthy of your time, and if it even matters that you say something. BUT, it does!!! Drop me a line! Can't tell you I will always respond coherently, but I WILL respond! And the comments... Well, they rather make my days. <3