Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Silver Sword


And so the business world had better beware. Because I am officially a part of it.

And here is my proof.




This is Silver Sword, my gorgeous English Golden Retriever and first of many to be a part of my new (only half named) business.


The business is going to be called Silversword....something. Shyre, perhaps. (Twist off Shire). Or something totally different. I am thinking and praying about that one.

And since she is my first, I decided to give her the honor of bearing the company name!!! Isn't she a CUTIE!!!!!

And this is my second puppy. She is unnamed yet. All of my dogs I am going to research sword names for. I have found a few that I like, but I am giong to wait to see her in person before I name her. We will be going to be pick her up next weekend. This is a pic her current owner sent to me. Isn't she darling!!! She is much tinier than Silver.





And, now, a blog I recommend you check out!!! (This is aimed at Cait, but I know the rest of you would enjoy this too!!!)

Enter the Writer's Lair ~ if you dare....

This is a friend of mine, named Mary. She writes fantasy. Her book is on its way to the publisher!!! I just read the whole thing (last night ~ don't tell anyone... I went to bed at 1:40....) :D

It is INCREDIBLE!!!!! WOW! I love my friends. Over and over... they are all so talented and precious. I can't wait to see what God does in their lives.

So pray really hard the publisher will be uber impressed by her book. Because I was.


Here is another small selection from my book. Let me know what you think!!! :D



F

or a full moment, Merrie stared at Cyrus. All she could picture in her mind was Senator Antistius, cold, disapproving, stern. Nameless fears crept over her. How could she inform Claudia’s father of what she had learnt, when she could not even face Claudia! The very idea of an interview with him sent chills shuddering up and down her back. She had learned early on that the best way to please him was to keep out of his way. She didn’t want to bother him. She had never been in danger of his wrath. And Messalina kept her safe from ever incurring it.

But now… She shook her head. Senator Antistius was a man of no scruples and limited patience. Not one of the slaves felt at ease in his presence. None of them ever braved a word to him unless directly spoken to. Merrie had lived in his household seven years and could only remember speaking to him twice. She knew the only longing in his heart was to expand Rome’s welfare and Rome’s glory. She had no part in that, so she was less than unimportant.

“Merrie?”

Cyrus’s voice cut through her thoughts.

“Aye,” she whispered, lifting her eyes to meet his in the darkness surrounding them.

“You must do it.”

“I can’t,” the desperation rose in her voice, nearly choking her. “You know what he is! How can you ask this of me?”

Cyrus’s hand felt cold against her shoulder.

“It is the only way. You must see that! If you cannot go to Messalina and you do not want to speak to Claudia, you have to go to their father.”

Merrie’s breath streamed out and fogged in the damp stable air. “It won’t work,” she protested.

“Trust me. Very little works in Rome, when you are a slave.”

Ó Pure Grace


So long for now, darlings!!!

CKC

8 comments:

  1. OHMYGOODNESS!!!!!! Those puppies are so cute! What is your business? Dog breeder?

    I still need to read your book! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they!!! I LOVE them! Yep! That would be correct. But not your average run of the mill dog breeder. I intend to do this right. Over-the-top-professional.

      Hehe... one day... (I hope). :D

      Delete
  2. Ooo a special mention. I'm on the way to check out that blog right now... :) And Ps I really love that excerpt. Especially the ending. It's just so perfect.

    Your puppy is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe!!! YES!! Do you think I could ever resist now? Dear, dear friend... you will never be a nobody on this blog again. :D

      What did you think of it? And thanks!!!

      Isn't she! I love her. Can't wait to meet the second one!!!

      Delete
  3. Woooow...I need to hug those 'dorable little puppies!!!!!!!!!!!! They're so fluffy I'm gonna die! <3 <3 <3
    I likey! :D I love reading pieces of your book! You're so talented! <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do!!!!!! ESPECIALLY since it would mean you are here, at my house!!!! Come over and see them!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I am already dead. Or maybe I am finally reviving. :D

      Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I can't wait till you can read it all! Haha. Maybe a little bit... Hopefully enough to get published anyway! Thank you so much! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  4. Hey, thanks for the link! So you finished reading my book? Awesome! So glad you like it - and I hope it's available soon for the rest of the world to read too!
    Your puppies are to-die-for cute.
    And of course, I loved the excerpt from your book. Can't wait to read the rest of it! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I LOVE your blog. It's great!
      YES, your book is incredible. It had me hooked (which is a GOOD thing!!!).
      Thanks! And thanks again. I can't wait either... I don't know if that day will ever come....... LOL! :D

      Delete

I'm sincerely wondering if you are going to comment. Given you just read that blog post (or maybe skim read, at best, or maybe you've just skipped to the bottom). But, either way, whether you read it or not, NOW you have no doubt that I am crazy, are wondering if I am worthy of your time, and if it even matters that you say something. BUT, it does!!! Drop me a line! Can't tell you I will always respond coherently, but I WILL respond! And the comments... Well, they rather make my days. <3