Thursday, February 28, 2013

Touching the Sky

 
Have you ever noticed how beautiful this world is?
 
Have you ever glanced at your reflection on a glassy sheet of lake water?
 
Have you ever blinked into a summer rain?
 
Have you ever heard the ocean lap against the shore?
 
Have you ever seen the way the trees touch the sky?


flower at Wilson's Creek National Battlefield three years ago {taken by my GOOD camera!}


Tillamook OR {not my pic}

 
God has gifted us with a beautiful world. The grass, the sky, the trees, the flowers, the ocean...even the snow. ;) Everything He has made is beautiful. Sometimes I look at it and it makes me cry that sin entered the world and destroyed the origonal splendor of His creation. I wish I could see the Garden of Eden. I wish I could live in it.
 
God created a faultless world. We have the misfortune to live in a fallen world. Well, it is sort of a misfortune. While we miss some of the perfection God intended, there is something we have that we would never have gotten had sin NOT come into the world.
 
Jesus Christ.
 
I cannot keep quiet about Him and all He has done for me. I am a rotten sinner. I am reminded every morning I wake up that I breathe only by His mighty grace and forgiveness. And it inspires me to want to live for Him. In everything I do. In my writing. Drawing. Singing. Playing the piano. Hanging out with my friends. Business. At work. Loving.




 
My Daddy and I have been having some fantastic conversations. We call it our meal a day. A little piece of the things we read in our Bible, a morsel of what we learned and what we are thinking about. We have been gleaning sooo much! But one things has stood out the last few days.
 
God is LOVE. God wants US to LOVE.
LOVE is what makes the world spin. It is not always flowery. In fact, MOST of the time, real love is NOT sparks and fireworks. Love is hard.
 
Faith is what gives us excitement. It is the unexplainable coming to light. Those things we cannot understand, those WONDERFUL, amazing offerings from God that we just KNOW are His gifts to us. It makes my insides quiver to think about all the amazing things God has been doing in my life.
 
Faith is hard too. It is not easy to give up your life and let Him take charge, having the faith that He will do it right.



 
Even though we know He will.
 
A while back I shared how I had given my life to God and how I had no regrets.
 
Now I am here to tell you how thrilled I am to watch the things He has been doing in my life!!! Little prayers are answers, hope has been granted me, my desires are coming true! And I know it is not from ANYTHING I am doing! It is all God!!!! He is amazing. Incredible. There ARE no words to express what He is.




 
I am excited for life. I have complete peace about what is going to happen. Right now, I may think certain things are what I want....
 
Sometimes what you want isn't always what you get. But if you trust in God, have faith that He knows what He is doing, in the end you'll see that what you got is better than what you wanted.
 
 
A lot of times I feel like shaking people and asking them to wake up to the world around them. It is so amazing and all they can do is mope about their silly little problems. In the light of eternity, what are they?

Nothing.

So don't dwell on them. Sin has made parts of life ugly. But that doesn't mean you need to spend you life looking at it. There is beauty around! Enjoy it! Be aware of the darkness. But spend your time and life in the light.


And we shouldn't be. It makes me grieve.
 
Life is so beautiful. The world is so beautiful. You are so beautiful. The people around you are so beautiful
 
Stop thinking otherwise.
 

 
 
Something I started doing a while back was thanking God. All the time. For everything. Even things I wasn't expecting... Even things I wasn't wanting. And my whole perspective on life has changed! It is incredible.
 
You should to. Your life can change.
 
This post was a bit more black and white and directed than most. But I hope it made you think and that you enjoyed it at least a little bit. Sometimes the hard things to hear are the best things to hear. And I don't want to be afraid to say them. I want to say something worth hearing, worth thinking about. Something that will mean something...in eternity.
 
 


10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post a WHOLE lot, not just a little ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I would enjoy sitting with you and your dad and joining in those conversations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you would. You should come join us. :D

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! And let there be love, and faith, and happiness all round. I'd like to think that every little action we do to help show other people that there is love and light yet in the world, even in the dark moments, helps. It certainly feels right to do it.

    Thanks for sharing this today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is how it OUGHT to be...even if that doesn't mean it is... :D

      Delete
  4. Aw I loved this. I love your writing because it is so evident how in love with God you are! You are inspiring! and yes, the conversations with your dad sound amazing. What a special relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite My Unicorn Has Wings post because it is absolutely lovely and I especially love the images you chose to go with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I suggest that you credit the source of the images you use? The "Love" word graphic is Johanna Basford's original work.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sincerely wondering if you are going to comment. Given you just read that blog post (or maybe skim read, at best, or maybe you've just skipped to the bottom). But, either way, whether you read it or not, NOW you have no doubt that I am crazy, are wondering if I am worthy of your time, and if it even matters that you say something. BUT, it does!!! Drop me a line! Can't tell you I will always respond coherently, but I WILL respond! And the comments... Well, they rather make my days. <3